Friday, October 20, 2006

Join Orkut ????

Couple of days ago, one of my friend tried to sign up for orkut.com and found this
orkut is unique, because it's an organically growing network of trusted friends. That way we won't grow too large, too quickly and everyone will have at least one person to vouch for them.

If you know someone who is a member of orkut, that person can invite you to join as well. If you don't know an orkut member, wait a bit and most likely you soon will.


We look forward to having you as part of the orkut community.
Today, before going off for my Diwali break, I just logged in to orkut and noticed that now you anyone can Join orkut.

Another new (trivial) feature is
Now you can choose to get friend requests from everyone or only from people that speak your language. Please adjust your settings.
I think that day is not far when something like below will become a reality:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for notifiying me about this!

Since I already use a Google account for Orkut, I would have never realized this.

I posted this on Inside Orkut (with a link back to you of course).

Now I have to explore and see if there are any other changes to Orkut before I go to bed. ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone can join orkut yet. I don't have an orkut account. I do have a google account, and orkut gives me the option to sign into orkut with this, but then asks for my 'existing orkut account', to link it to my google one. As I don't have this, I can't link it. If I click on the link here that says 'don't have an orkut account?' it gives me the usual line about needing to be invited. So, still invite only, just that they're converting the accounts to google ones. Which means I still can't get in (unless you'd like to invite me! :o)

Anonymous said...

Done some digging. Looks like they've opened it up in India but not elsewhere (I'm in the UK).

Anonymous said...

Please send me orkut invitation if you got one to

apocalypto@gmail.com


Thanks.